In the first edition of the Heritage Update for 2024:
- Heritage NL is the recipient of the Governor General’s History Award for Excellence in Community Programming for its Craft at Risk project;
- updating property plaques for Registered Heritage Structures to include the stories of the women who lived there, with a note on Lambert and Johanna Greene House and Outbuildings, Tilting, Fogo Island;
- Heritage NL visits the Eastport Peninsula to host scanning parties in Salvage and Eastport, to document, preserve and share old photographs for the communities;
- looking back at Heritage NL’s Skills Training and Mentor-Apprentice Program, with a peek inside the heritage window workshop of Neil Hammond;
- and the City of St. John's and Heritage NL cut the ribbon on the official reopening of the Bowring Park Cantilever Bridge.