|Photo by from|
Covid-19 NL Oral History Project with Heritage NL and The Rooms
We want your family stories about what is happening in Newfoundland and Labrador during the Covid-19 pandemic! Here are some sample questions to get you started on your home oral history interview. You can answer these yourself, or sit down with a family member and interview them. Don’t forget to start your interview by spelling out your full name, and including the date of the interview. You can record your interview in any format (audio or video) on your smartphone or digital device, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If it is a large file, you can use the free www.wetransfer.com website to send it to the same email address, or post it on YouTube and send us the link.
All submissions welcome, including songs, recitations, poetry, or music!
- Can you describe the community where you live?
- When did you first learn about the coronavirus? What were your initial reactions?
- How did your community respond to the virus? What closures, restrictions, or safeguards were put in place?
- Describe any events you witnessed that express your or your community’s response to the virus.
- How are you personally responding to the virus? What has changed in your daily routine?
- How has your family been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic?
- How are you staying in touch with family and friends?
- What will you remember most about this time in our lives?
- Who is in your Double Bubble, and why?
Feel free to make up your own questions!
What will happen to my audio/video file?
Once you contact us, we will ask you to fill out this brief, confidential consent form so that we can add your story to a permanent collection on Memorial University’s Digital Archives Initiative, where it can be seen and accessed for educational and non-commercial use only, and where it may be used as part of a future physical or online exhibit at The Rooms about the Covid-19 pandemic. Your story will become part of the historical record! If at some point you want your story taken down from the website, we can always remove your records from the archive.
- Download this page as a pdf here.
For more information, contact:
Dale Jarvis, Heritage NL email@example.com
@dalejarvis on Twitter www.hfnl.ca