Note: deadline extended to Thursday May 30th, 2013.
The Heritage Programs and Services Coordinator and the PCSP Heritage Committee are seeking the employment of a Summer Research Student.
The selected candidate will complete a project that will be focused on the research and documentation of the built heritage of the community. This will include the identification of buildings, structures, and cultural landscapes in the town that might meet specified heritage characteristics. In doing so, the candidate may need to interview occupants/owners or others who may have knowledge of the select building and its history as well as research the architectural features. The researcher will prepare presentations to the heritage committee on the heritage value of the buildings and help with the drafting of recommendations to council. This position will include both office work and fieldwork. When the project is complete it is hoped to have a complete compilation of all the structures in the community that have heritage value.
· The applicant will have completed some university in Folklore, Geography, History, Architecture, or Social Sciences
· Be familiar with Microsoft Office
· Have knowledge of interview practices
· Be adaptable to working environments
· Have great communication and interpersonal skills and be able to speak with and conduct interviews with residents and community members.
· Be a student prior to and/or following the position
Deadline for applications is Monday May 27th, 2013. For further information contact Julie Pomeroy at Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org or 709-895-8000 ext. 229.