Heritage Outreach Officer will
- Promote HFNL programs;
- Help establish heritage committees in participating communities;
- Assist the ICH Development Officer with cognitive mapping in heritage districts and other research projects;
- Prepare basic inventories of heritage assets;
- Assist with published reports and community presentations;
- Undertake activities that build community capacity for heritage districts and other heritage projects;
- Assist on projects that demonstrate the link between built heritage and ICH;
- Assist core HFNL staff with maintenance of files, telephone work, research and office duties as required.
The applicant must have excellent oral and written communication skills; good knowledge of Microsoft Excel; valid driver’s licence and use of automobile; availability to travel throughout Newfoundland & Labrador; and an undergraduate or master’s degree in history, archaeology, folklore, or architecture. Previous experience with a heritage organization is an asset.
This is an entry-level, one-year contract position with HFNL. Salary is in the range of $20-$25/hour, depending on qualifications. Please send a copy of your cv, three references, and a cover letter describing your interest in heritage work, to:
Hiring Committee, ℅ Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador
PO Box 5171, St. John’s, NL A1C 3A5
Deadline for applications: Monday, 15 October, 2012