Do you like geeking out over heritage online? Are you passionate about people and their stories? Are you curious about the stories behind our historic places in Newfoundland and Labrador? We are looking for a Social Media Intern that is passionate and is looking to support the understanding of an appreciation for the built and intangible cultural heritage of Newfoundland and Labrador. The ideal applicant will be energetic, self-motivated, and will have strong organizational skills. One of the goals of the Youth in Heritage Program is to diversify and strengthen the cultural heritage sector. We encourage individuals who face barriers to employment to apply.
The Social Media intern will be responsible for assisting in day-to-day operations and management of content of the Heritage NL Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts. This position will be responsible for planning, creating, scheduling, and posting content for various heritage projects such our designation program for historic places, and for our Craft at Risk Mentor/Apprentice programs and internships.
Must be aged 15-30 and legally entitled to work in Canada. $20/hour - 35 hrs per week.
Start date: 1/10/2022
End date: 3/31/2022
Responsibilities for Social Media Intern
- Work alongside the Heritage NL team to create a plan for social media strategies
- Aid in the daily aspects of promoting historic places and Craft at Risk Mentor/Apprentice projects
- Monitor postings to ensure brand message is constant, from the terminology used to images posted
- Interact with followers by communicating and answering questions through the Heritage NL’s social pages
- Assist in implementing plans to increase followers on popular social media websites such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Brainstorm/offer ideas for social media projects/opportunities, and help create digital content