Craft Enterprise Facilitator
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 19, 2011
The Anna Templeton Centre for Craft Art & Design is seeking a full-time Craft Enterprise Facilitator to manage a new craft studio incubator being established in Quidi Vidi.
Working under the guidance and direction of the ATC Board, the Craft Enterprise Facilitator will be responsible for developing a strategic plan for the long term management and operation of the craft incubator. S/he will also research and define a training framework that will allow tenants within the craft incubator to grow and develop their enterprises.
Activities will include, but may not be restricted to the following:
- Coordinate strategic planning activities to determine long term management structure, financing and operational methodology
- Build relationships with funding partners, creating applications, reports, and supporting documentation as required
- Liaise with community organizations and agencies with an interest in the development of craft enterprises including the Anna Templeton Centre, City of St. John’s, Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador, College of the North Atlantic, Department of Innovation, Business and Rural Development, Quidi Vidi Community Association, and others
- Develop and implement a promotional plan
- Develop and/or finalize policy documents defining the criteria for selection of tenants, leases, operating manuals, and other documents that may be required
- Coordinate application process for tenant selection
- Develop and implement programming for the benefit of the tenants
- Carry out any necessary administration tasks
The ideal candidate for this position will have a dynamic combination of skills and abilities gained through educational and work experiences, and hold the following attributes:
- Diploma and/or degree in craft, business and/or adult education or any combination of relevant education and experience
- Knowledge of craft, the Newfoundland and Labrador craft community, and the resources available
- Knowledge of business practices
- Training or experience in teaching and facilitating
- Experience in writing successful grant applications and seeking support from public funding organizations
- Experience using social media tools, writing & designing brochures & promotional materials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; and within the structure of a steering committee and board of directors
It is expected that the successful candidate in this position of Craft Enterprise Facilitator will contribute their available time, skill, knowledge and resources to the overall success of the craft business incubator.
Remuneration: $37,500 annually
Please note this position is dependent on funding approval.
To apply, e-mail your resume and a letter of application to email@example.com
Applications may also be mailed or hand delivered to:
Anna Templeton Centre for Craft Art & Design
278 Duckworth Street
St. John’s, NL